Annual Covenant Ride
Annual Covenant Ride – October 22, 2016
This is our annual ride that is co-sponsored by Covenant UMC and Pendleton UMC. This year the Covenant Ride will begin at CUMC and end at PUMC.
The primary goal of the Covenant Ride is to increase awareness and exposure to Covenant Riders, CUMC and PUMC. Our secondary goal, but of great importance, is to raise money for local missions and possibly other national and international concerns. Ideas for missions include Blessings in a Backpack and purchasing mosquito nets for families in Africa.
General Event Description
- Date: Saturday October 22
- Start Location: Registration for the event, announcements and start of the ride will be at CUMC / Registration begins at 10 AM / Announcements at 12:30 AM / Ride starts at 1:00 PM
- End Location: The ride will end at PUMC where they will have a pig roast and live music / Ride will arrive at 4:00 PM / Food and music at 4:30
- Rider registration fee -- $20 (includes pig roast!)
- Sponsorships will be sold to local businesses and individuals – typically $50 - $500
- Riders may sell / solicit ride sponsorships for participation, similar to a walk-a-thon concept
- Will be advertised and promoted within local media, including: TV; Radio; Print; and Social media
Representatives of Covenant Riders are primarily responsible for the implementation of this event including initial planning, on-going organization, marketing & promotion, and all the behind-the-scene details.
Covenant Riders is an informal group of motorcycle enthusiasts who share a passion for Christ, and are an outreach of the Covenant United Methodist Church in LaGrange, KY. We meet on a regular basis to discuss upcoming events, future and past rides, and local concerns within our community. Participation with Covenant Riders is open to all types of bikes and religious beliefs, although most of us believe Jesus Christ to be our Savior. During rides and at our meetings, we start and finish with prayer.
For further information, contact:
Joel Gonia Steve Gatlin
502 235-0727 502 710-1189